Lead Front-End Engineer at EZ Texting in Santa Monica, CA
EZ TextingAddress: 1410 2nd St Suite #200, Santa Monica, CA
Lead Front-End Engineer
Who We Are:
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization's ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength. We're expanding quickly and scaling our teams to help accelerate growth while remaining committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work - with benefits to match!
We are open to hire in CA, NY, TX, OR, WA, GA, PA, & TN.
We are currently seeking a Lead Front-End Engineer. You will have the opportunity to shape the Front-End Engineering culture across the company and come up with innovative ways to meet challenges head-on as we scale. We believe in the continued growth and development of our team. Lunch and learn talks from some of the top talent in the industry, health, and wellness cooking demos and monthly chair massages help keep you engaged and focused. Check out our feature in Built In LA to learn more about our culture and perks. If you are ready to make impactful contributions, lead and mentor a team of Angular Engineers, build relationships across continents; this is the role for you!
Who You Are:
- You're a passionate technologist that loves to write code, keep up with tech blogs and podcasts. You're excited to try new things and your excitement is contagious.
- You are hungry to make a lasting and impactful contribution to a small tech company in the heart of Silicon Beach that has sent over 5 billion text messages.
- You love unit tests
- You spend about 70% (or more) of your coding time on Angular
- Most of your day is spent on hands-on Engineering and coding
- You have a keen eye for software quality and put a high priority on maintaining high standards within a team by establishing good SDLC practices and leading by example.
- You enjoy collaborating with a team of engineers and stakeholders to plan, design, and develop working software that customers value.
- You understand the value of taking full ownership of your code from the initial phases to making sure it runs optimally in production.
- You are passionate about leading a team of Engineers and coaching them to success. You find it rewarding to mentor and pair program with junior Engineers. You are driven by your peers' success.
- Things aren't always 0s or 1s--you like to provide several options to product owners/stakeholders about how to build products and features.
- If you see things that aren't optimal in infrastructure, technology, and processes, you are quick to point them out to keep everyone aware and informed of these potential sources of bottlenecks and tech debt. You do this without ego.
- While monitoring your code's performance in production, you feel bad about increasing API response times because you know it won't translate well to the user experience. You are driven by a product-focused mindset; delivering sleek and contemporary experiences to your users is an intrinsic part of your soul.
- You're not afraid to peek behind the API calls your Angular code makes to see how things work in the backend.
- You are not happy with the status quo. Ok is never good enough. You keep pushing for continuous improvements.
- Your opinions are highly defensible and based on empirical evidence. You like to challenge yourself, the squad, and your product owner to make the best experiences for the customers.
- You've never worked on a product that you weren't an avid user of.
- Angular experience (2+): 3+ years
- HTML/CSS/JS: 7+ years
- Agile development methodologies (SCRUM): 4+ years
- REST/JSON APIs: 7+ years
- CSS preprocessors (SASS/LESS): 3+ years
- BS in CS or related field
- Familiar with the Spotify Squad model
- Other languages like Java a plus, but not necessary for this role
Benefits available to EZ Texting team members include, but are not limited to:
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental and life insurance for self (generous coverage for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.