Full Stack Developer- Angular, Java (open to varying levels)
Penske Truck Leasing, an industry-leading transportation company, is currently expanding IT operations into the Tampa Market. We are looking for established full stack Developers and Software Engineers across varying skill levels to join our team. You would be responsible for building and supporting next-generation applications. Our teams have been working with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We are fast-moving and growing our efforts across many different technologies consisting of a collaborative project team environment that allows you the opportunity to display your skills and learn from others. Our Management Information Systems (MIS) department is a lab-like environment, and our developers have been building web and mobile applications that integrate with Big Data and Cloud platforms to provide our customers with real-time information on their fleet management and driver performance. This team is being built from the ground up, and you would have an immediate, visible impact on our organization.
We are looking for Full Stack Developers with experience working with Angular on the front end and Java on the back end. We are open to candidates who are familiar with Angular v.2 and above as our environment is currently v.7 and will soon be upgraded. You would be responsible for analyzing the performance, writing code, and testing and documenting solutions for these applications. Depending on your experience level, you may be expected to play a role in finding appropriate technology solutions for end clients, reviewing/mentoring Junior Developers and keeping leadership updated on project progress.
- Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
- Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
- Involved in analyzing system/software performance
- Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
- Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
At least 3 years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Experience working with Leads and internal customers to define and gather requirements and map them to technical specifications.
- JAVA/J2EE preferably using a web application server like Websphere or JBoss
- SQL - Experience in writing optimized complex SQL statements.
- Angular (v2.0 or Greater preferred)
- Web Services/Restful and SOA
- Spring and Design Patterns, iBatis
- Relational Database Design
- Full System Development Lifecycle experience.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support existing software and develop new software modules.
NOTE: Three years is the minimum experience level for the developer role. Different levels of experience and different qualifications are required based upon the level of the position.
In addition, preferred experience with:
- Responsive design and adaptive development
- Elastic Search
- Mobile Smart Phones
- Nodejs, SASS, Gulp, Maven, GIT, BitBucket/STASH, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, ANT
- Oracle, iSeries DB2, and MS SQL Server database experience
- Exposure to Swagger
- Microsoft Office and Visio
- Splunk or other log analyzers
Additional qualifications include:
- Working knowledge of systems development standards and procedures required
- Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging techniques required
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
- Must have strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- Strong time management skills required
- Must show initiative in issue resolution and prevention
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. We offer:
- Medical coverage (including vision and RX)
- Life insurance (employee, spouse, and children)
- More family time with paid holidays and vacations
- Short- and long-term disability
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee discounts
Wellness benefits, including personal health coach program, 24-hour nurse advice line, and incentive programs.
Certain roles may be eligible for a yearly bonus.