Launch Team Developer Evangelist - TRAVEL
This job will require heavy travel, as you will be working to open and launch our new campuses. The initial launch site is San Jose, CA, with initial work during COVID-19 restrictions done remotely. The ideal candidate is interested in a job requiring heavy travel, as they will be working to open and launch in-person campuses in new markets. This Developer Evangelist role will be part of a team that assists in launching new campuses and requires travel. For the right candidate, we may consider a contract or permanent hire in San Jose, CA. Please state your willingness to travel in your application for the role. Vision and Values: Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. The goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination, and drive. Galvanize teaches web development, data science, and data engineering to students, offers support and workspace to over 700 member companies, and provides over 200 networking events monthly throughout the nation. Galvanize campuses bring together entrepreneurs, students, investors, mentors, and great people and companies to develop the skills, mindset, and networks necessary to thrive in a technology driven world. This particular Developer Evangelist will be focused on the Software Engineering Immersive (SEI) and proficiency in Java
Script is a must. The Evangelist serves as Galvanize's face to San Jose technology communities, cultivating new relationships, promoting our dynamic learning community, and facilitating the integration of new people with the Galvanize community. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of community building, marketing, and technical savvy. The Evangelist works dynamically based on the needs of the market we're launching it, and interacts with internal and external stakeholders to achieve their goals. This particular Developer Evangelist role will be part of a team that assists in launching new campuses and requires travel. As a Developer Evangelist, you will:
* Nurture high-touch relationships with students seeking admission to the Galvanize Software Engineering Immersive and collaborate with the Enrollment Team to smoothly prepare them for admission
* Build excitement and passion around Galvanize offerings through a variety of methods, including instructional workshops, event marketing, blog posts, discussions, conference attendance, press events, meetups, trade shows, etc.
* Drive high quality applicants to Galvanize programs by becoming and remaining an expert in the company's products, target demographic, technology trends and the competitive landscape.
* Become deeply knowledgeable of your locality's coding school landscape and develop a mental rubric for helping prospective students decide on the school most suited for them
* Drive efforts to build local grassroots marketing efforts, including creation of collateral and market positioning
* Pursue thoughtful coordination with the Marketing and Admissions departments to improve the processes surrounding the matriculation of students in a given locality
* Maintain and grow market knowledge of industry, competition, developer needs, and student behaviors.
* Identify and engage local strategic partners, influential thought-leaders, third-party communities, and vendors that can promote, enhance, and benefit from the Galvanize learning ecosystem
* Grow (with a focus on conversion rates) the entire ecosystem within Galvanize including top-of-funnel applicants, by delivering articulate and effective content to target audiences.
* Collaborate with HQ and internal teams to define the roadmap, market positioning, and promotion of educational offerings and developer initiatives.
* Educate internal teams and leaders on emerging trends and themes in big and streaming data, web technologies, and data science.
* Use metrics to analyze and track performance, collecting quantitative and qualitative data on prospective students and synthesizing it into actionable guidance for campus operations, product, and marketing teams.
* Collect data (quantitative and qualitative) on all efforts, synthesize data into product and marketing feedback for campus operations, product and marketing teams. About You:
* Natural agility and flexibility in the face of fast-changing and undefined situations.
* Social and personable. Able to build relationships from scratch.
* Outstanding follow-through, time management, and project management skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, public leadership and leadership skills.
* Strong understanding of and commitment to customer service and hospitality.
* Available for evening and weekend events.
* Positive attitude is a must.
* Flexibility to travel to attend and speak at conferences, to evangelize internally, and to inspire Galvanize staff across campuses. Suggested Experience:
* 2+ years relevant professional experience in engaged community development, evangelism, event marketing, and technical program management.
* 3+ years experience in analytics, data science or web development.
* Experience planning online and offline activities with a technical community, a broad technical network.
* Experience blogging and/or writing technical or technical-adjacent content or promotional copy
Nice to Have:
* Robust portfolio of tech communities, conference organizers, thought-leaders and industry experts. Existing credibility within and without the organization.
* Interest in and experience with iterative curriculum design, especially introductory JS
* An existing follower base, as well as experience working directly with press and bloggers.
* Deep understanding of the nuts and bolts of Java
Script or a dedication to picking it up
* Experience with an agile project management philosophy / methodology.
* Knowledge of event organizing software (Meetup, Eventbrite, etc.)
* Knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, etc.)
* Experience with Galvanize Immersive programs (e.g. Software Engineering or Data Science)Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.