Java – West Conshohocken, PA at Momentumrs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Java – West Conshohocken, PA
Job Title: Java App Developer A leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. Investment Management Technology is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of the global technical platforms that supports the Business.
The individual will be working with the Global Operations IT group. Operations IT owns and manages a suite of world class 24 x 7 applications with a mix of both vendor and in-house products. The team has been a leader in the industry with the adoption of cutting edge technologies and is currently looking to start a new practice around robotics process automation, which would allow business to save cost and bring efficiency to several operational processes.
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a strong java developer to join the team that is responsible for the following platforms:
- Global Securities Database (GSD) for is a platform which maintains the security master used in.
GSD is being used in trading, compliance, accounting, reporting and risks systems. It sources data from Enterprise Data Group (EDG), Bloomberg, Blackrock and other vendors The developer will get involved in the design, development, and testing of multi-tier systems and components across the above platforms. Strong interpersonal skills and good team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communication. This job demands strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple priorities. As part of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. We support what we build - you will also be responsible for post-production L3 support on a rotation basis. It is very important that the candidate is self-motivated and can run independently with minimal supervision. Candidate will be expected to be very hands-on and pick-up domain knowledge quickly. We focus on solving business problem and not to be tied down by technology choices - it is extremely important that you are open to learn & work with new technologies.
Primary Skills / Must have: We are looking for a passionate technologist who's ready to learn & experiment with a wide range of technologies. Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong in Core Java and Advance Java.
- Working experience of Java 8.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Working knowledge on Spring and Spring Batch.
- Working experience of Angular 5 or higher.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL.
- Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting and Excel.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Experience working in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a -can do- attitude.
Secondary Skills / Desired
Skills- Python exposure may be helpful.
- Experience on BOXI Report and scheduling.
- Knowledge of python modules - numpy and pandas
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.