Java Software Engineer at Diebold in Columbus, OH
Java Software Engineer
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
Position OverviewWe are passionate about delivering value to our customers by enabling them implement our cutting edge software products to meet business goals. As part of the team, you will work in a collaborative and trusting environment using leading-edge technologies and methodologies. You will understand our product as well as how it can be used to meet customer's business and technical goals. Utilizing your knowledge, you will work with both DN and customer teams to integrate DN software product into customer solution, provide guidance and find solution to complex technical problems. You are responsible for
* Understanding customer specific business and technical requirements
* Integration of product features into customer specific solution (project)
* Documenting how product features can be integrated and / or customized to meet project requirements
* Guide and/or support customer development and CICD teams in project work
* Troubleshooting and investigating product and project related technical issues
* Providing feedback and investigation details to product development team for defect resolution and feature enhancements.
Required Qualifications* BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline. Master's degree preferred
* Minimum 2 years of experience that includes:
* Java, including advanced topics like performance optimization, multithreading and synchronization
* Network communication protocols:
HTTP, WS/SOAP, REST along with understanding of message broker system and Kafka
* Enterprise application servers: WebSphere Liberty Profile, JBoss AS/EAP
* Relational database: Oracle, PostgreSQL and corresponding SQL dialects and tools
* Collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, Bit-bucket (Git)
* Must have knowledge and understanding of
* Enterprise software technologies, including client/server architecture, JavaEE, SOA and web services
* Gradle build tool, nice to have knowledge of Groovy scripting language
* Container-based distributed architecture, including knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
* Test-driven development and test automations, including Junit/TestNG
Preferred Qualifications* Fintech experience with knowledge of corresponding technologies, protocols and standards
* Insight on modern front-end frameworks like Angular and knowledge of standard front-end stack (HTML, CSS3, JS/ECMAScript 6+)
* Experience with CockroachDB & IBM DB2* Knowledge of Arquillian based test automation
* Knowledge of agile methodologiesWhy should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
- Diebold Nixdorf is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes#LI-TF
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.