Java Microservices Senior Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. Responsibilities:
• Use coding best practices across CTO as well as LOBs engineering organizations
• Drive cultural change to bring a product/engineering mindset into the organization
• Provide engineering solutions to teams with architectural changes supporting both existing production needs and designing/building for future state architecture
• Work with Product, Architecture and other software engineering teams on feature delivery across various product roadmaps
• Effectively communicate and explain complex issues and design in simple terms. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
• Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
• Intermediate-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE; Core Spring Framework and Spring boot
• Intermediate-level knowledge of working in Java
Script and contemporary Java
Script APIs such as ReactJS, JQuery, and/or Angular.
• Strong knowledge in Oracle, MS SQL and RDBMS database concepts.
• Experience with cloud computing platforms (Amazon Web Services/AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
• Technically fluent in programming languages, including Java, Python, Perl, etc.