Java Full Stack Technical Lead
Java Full Stack Technical Lead Welcome to our innovative world of modernizing products in the Regulatory & Compliance financial field for financial assets. We support our business in fulfilling several regulatory functions from recordkeeping inactive assets, to cash reconciliation, to regulatory audits, and synchronization of different data stores each day. Our technical suite ranges from state-of-the-art AWS EMR clusters and ECS containers feeding our captive Linux servers and Windows servers, to working in tandem with technologies as diverse as the Mainframe, Splunk dashboards, and Xi50 for external vendor transmissions. We are modernizing our design & infrastructure using AWS cloud computing components such as EMR, Data Lake, & ECS to deliver Big Data analytics. We offer a wide array of technologies and diversity of projects that will compel you to innovate, and enjoy learning with a close knit team. To that end, we are looking for a full stack technical lead that has strong technical skills in Java and knowledgeable in AWS full stack cloud computing components such as the S3 cloud storage bucket, AWS Data Lake repository, AWS Glue for ETL processing, Lambda computing and EC2 web services. Knowledge of Scala, and Unix scripts would be an added plus!
In this role you will
* We will utilize your expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provide technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
* We encourage you to recommend development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approve the team's technical work, and conduct testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
* We will look for you to identify potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approve technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevate complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolve technical issues in a timely manner including researching issues, and performs root cause analysis.
* We will require you to communicate with project managers on a frequent basis. Identify tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules while providing realistic task and cost estimates.
* We collaborate closely with the architecture team and are in the forefront of developing and delivering cloud data microservices within the division. There are complex issues that need to be solved and rolled out to development teams and your input is needed.
* We will have you also participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout the PLC to identify issues. This includes participation as a technical consultant at other project meetings which includes presenting technical status and landmark reviews.
* Bring invention to investing You'll continuously deliver solutions that also satisfy business needs. As an owner of the core services to the division, your work is essential to over 100 applications. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience. What it takes
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
* Five years' experience in technical specialty (Java Development). For development technical leads, includes three years' leadership experience.
* Proven experience in Java, Spring Boot, Angular.
* Strong, proven analysis and analytical skills
* Prior investment/financial services industry
* Expertise in full product life cycle and IT vendor product assessment Specializations that'll make an impact
* Architecture design with a wide range of technologies within technical specialty
- from state of the art to legacy systems
* Expertise in Java development.
* Knowledge of AWS full stack cloud computing components or an aptitude to learn quickly (S3 Cloud Storage Bucket, AWS Data Lake Repository, AWS Glue for ETL processing, Lambda computing and EC2 web services.
* Knowledge of Scala and Unix Scripting is highly desired.
* AWS certification is preferable in one of the following domains:
AWS Developer, Architect
* Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible, Nexus, etc. Please note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. About Vanguard We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests. For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, aSDL2017