Please, no third parties.
This is a fully remote position, but candidates based in Southern California are highly preferred.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define system and application architecture, software implementation, and technical oversight, carefully balancing quality and timeline.
- Design and develop REST-based web services utilizing Java microservices web frameworks (such as JHipster/Spring Boot, Micronaut, etc.).
- Apply design principles and patterns in creating enterprise level solutions.
- Perform web services tuning and performance testing.
- Create and implement unit tests.
- Collaborate with front-end developers in leveraging web services.
- Automate/script common developer tasks, continually optimize personal and team workflows.
- Infrastructure setup and configuration.
- Engage in code review and feedback process.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise Java web development.
- Strong proficiency with most or all of the following: Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA, & Hibernate.
- Strong relational data modelling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar platforms.
- Adopted opinionated RESTful web services design patterns.
- Microservices-based application architecture.
- Experience with application containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud-vendor implementations (AWS, Azure, other).
- Front-end development experience using SPA frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue in JS, and/or Type
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- DevOps experience is preferred.