Java/Scala Developer- Investment Technology
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Major Global Bank Private Bank Investments technology team is responsible for designing, building and enhancing applications used to support Private Bank and Personal Wealth Management business. This role is for a hands-on senior Technical specialist to develop and support mission critical portfolio management & trading applications for the global 24x6 business. This is an excellent opportunity to work with top notch peers, make an architectural impact with key design decisions and leverage leading edge technologies & processes.
- Design, develop, test & support world class suit of applications and processes, sometimes under tight time constraints. Refactor legacy code for efficiency and enhance features.
- Communicate with the business partners, get involved in requirement gathering and understanding, project planning, monitoring and status reporting.
- Collaborate with peers on leveraging the global data strategy and drive Major Global Bank Private bank-wide architecture initiatives for robust, scalable solutions.
- Provide technical direction, with innovative ideas and creative solutions
- Provide L3 support. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Comply with Major Global Bank SDLC & contribute and follow Engineering Excellence processes
- Keep abreast of new developments in investment management domain and help make technology a competitive advantage for Major Global Bank
- Have 7+ years of relevant experience in Brokerage or investment technology.
- Strong Java/Scala, Websphere, HTML5, Angular JS, Typescripts, Adobe Flex, WebServices, Microservices, Windows Services, Spring boot, C#, .NET, Python, Spring framework, mybatis and Linux is required.
- Strong RDBMS (Oracle / SqlServer) skills required, with expertise in large data sets
- Expertise in OOAD and design Patterns.
- Knowledge of Gemfire, Kafka, Camunda is a plus
- Knowledge of Cloudera, Docker is a plus
- Knowledge of Matlab server is a plus
- Able to work independently as well as in a team. Have good communication skills.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: