(Intelex) Developer/Sr Developer, IT Applications
DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38414**Intro*
* Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off?
Join our American Airlines family, and you'll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!**Why you'll love this job*
* This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase a better place to live and work.**What you'll do*
* + Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements+ Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development+ Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions+ Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates+ Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance+ Supports the development of coding standards and adheres to best practices and security guidelines+ Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs**All you'll need for success*
* **Minimum Qualifications
- Education & Prior Job Experience**+ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training+ 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments+ 3 years of professional, design, and open-source experience*
- Education & Prior Job Experience**+ Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training+ Ability to visualize "big picture", identifying and promoting opportunities to create positive user experiences+ Solid understanding of user interface and user experience principles for both web and mobile+ Intelex App Developer and Intelex REST API+ Firm understanding of Share
Point Online, Intelex design, configuration and development+ 5 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience+ Airline Industry experience**Skills, Licenses & Certifications**+ Proficiency in Full Stack Development+ Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:+ Intelex+ Share
Point Client-Side Scripting+ Share
Point Designer 2013 and Info
Path 2013+ Net and C#+ Front-end: Angular JS, Ext JS, CSS, jQuery, AJAX+ Build/deployment tools: Maven, Gradel, Git, Junit, Mockito+ Other Dev Ops Toolchain: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, Sonar
Qube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, GitHub, Jenkins, Elastic
Search, Logstaash, Kibana, New Relic+ Other: Linux/Unix shell Scripting, Java
Script, IBM MQ/Rabbit MQ, Tivoli Scheduler, SQL Developer, IDE+ Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles+ Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, Power
Point, etc.)+ Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM+ Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment**What you'll get*
* Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:+ Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world?
You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.+ Health
BenefitsOn day one, you'll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that's just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.+ Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself
- that's why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.+ 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.+ Additional
BenefitsOther great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more**Feel Free to be yourself at American*
* From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world. Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life's journey?
Feel free to be yourself at American. Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 38414Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines, Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.