Innovation Software Architect (Java/Python)
Job Profile Position Overview At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Innovation Software Architect within PNC's Enterprise Technology Innovation organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. Do you have a vision for how financial services can improve people's everyday lives?
Are you skilled at making what could be a reality, instead of iterating what has been?
Are you entrepreneurial, with an action-disposition?
As a member of the Enterprise Innovation team you will develop edge technologies through pattern-matching to craft and test compelling, usable and productive solutions for our users. Blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning, microservices architectures and IoT are within our solution set, as well as agile development, product management, design thinking and human-centered design approaches. You will thrive inside a dynamic work environment that empowers your ability to explore emerging technologies, changing the way financial industries do business and driving the education of this ever-changing market. Primary job responsibilities: Provide technical solution for the team's proofs-of-concept, prototypes and eventual end products or solutions. Lead fast-paced multi-disciplinary Agile development team with focus on helping the team to thrive in culture of delivery, trust, openness, respect, and reliability Lead discussion on emerging technologies and frameworks to provide recommendations Team up with PNC Bank stakeholders, third-party partners, fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business. Regularly take abstract, early-stage product or solution concepts, and build them with technology. Work along a strong design thinking team, and be an expert in using technology to advocate for the customer. Facilitate software ideation and design sessions to rapidly identify solutions, align stakeholders and drive timely and achievable results. Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills: Experience in collaborating and working alongside executive-level and senior-level partner stakeholders Proven success facilitating software design and ideation sessions Prior experience in leading Agile development team with strong knowledge of design principles, best practices, CI/CD, and be comfortable with startup-type project where requirements are not fully defined upfront Motivate team and facilitate technical discussion with goal to cultivate technical excellency, quality, and result-oriented manner Strong understanding in concept with hands-on experience in modern technologies, including but not limited to digital products, microservices, cloud computing, container-based architecture, high performance and resiliency systems, DevOps/NoOps engineering, automation, TDD, BDD, CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery) Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, multidisciplinary, start-up type environment using Agile-based application development methodologies Significant development and delivery experience with multiple programming languages, primarily Java and with working knowledge of others including Python, Go, C/C++/C#, Kotlin, Haskell, Java
Script, Angular, Node, Python, PHP Job Description
* Participates in defining functional designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
* Designs an application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
* Participates in the assessment of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
* Participates in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
* Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
* Customer Focused
- Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
* Managing Risk
- Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework. Competencies Analytical Thinking
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business. Application Development Tools
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and