GUI SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a background in GUI development. Excellent communication skills are required, as this position interacts with our UX designers, product users, software and hardware development teams and program management.
- Design and implement elegant user interfaces.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug software.
- Review code and design.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of the software.
- Support software quality assurance and optimize performance.
- Provide production support.
- Interface with other software, system engineers and program management.
- 5+ years of experience in user interface development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in HTML5 & CSS3.
- Expertise in responsive design and bootstrap framework.
- Familiarity with C# and Java.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Outstanding interaction and visual design skills.
- The ability to represent user needs and goals to interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have an extensive design portfolio showcasing their work
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered for our GUI Software Engineer.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.