Future Opportunity: Sr Sitecore Developer
About the Role
We are looking for a Sitecore developer to design, develop, and deliver software solutions on the .NET platform, utilizing Sitecore technology. You will have an active hands-on role working closely with our clients & internal teams to deliver solutions that best leverage the capabilities of Sitecore while pairing them with the needs of the client problem. This position requires a focus on writing great code and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As a Sitecore Developer, you'll be expected to grow and develop not only our client's capabilities on Sitecore, but also internally mentor other developers to ensure that our standards for technology delivery on Sitecore are repeatable, consistent, effective, and current.
- Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of digital solutions using Sitecore CMS. Partner closely with our project managers, business analysts, QA teams and solution architects to deliver high quality, high performing solutions on time and on budget for our clients.
- Work closely with our clients and business partners (UX designers, content team, analytics team, product managers, etc) to propose design and implement system solution.
- Hands-on development to high-quality standards using Microsoft technologies and Java
- Provide assistance to support teams during troubleshooting and issue triage, helping to resolve issues and identify gaps that would need remediation.
- Draft technical specifications, system architectures, development approaches, and testing solutions
- Work and collaborate with the extended team including offshore resources.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
Skills and Expertise
- 3+ years of software development experience in developing, implementing and supporting enterprise level solutions (object oriented design, distributed systems, web services, etc)
- Familiar with Sitecore application setup, front end, back end development, package deployment and admin activities.
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns, XML/JSON and using and consuming 3rd party web services/APIs (SOAP, REST, etc).
- Experience with Agile software development principles & practices (scrum, backlog, etc).
- Experience with source control systems like TFS, GIT.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services (VSTS) and Powershell scripts.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Nice to Have
- Sitecore Certification, preferably in ver. 9.x
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js)
- Experience with accelerator frameworks such as Sitecore SXA, Brainjocks SCORE, or similar.
- Agency and/or consulting experience.
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees
- wherever they're working
- for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms
- the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Share
Point and more
- we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you?
It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.