Full Stack Software Engineer - Multiple Locations
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspire, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job
- they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking a **Full Stack Software Engineer*
* who will be supporting our Qualtrics/CX Feedback Platform within our Digital Banking organization (mobile and online banking). We are seeking expertise in design, development, testing and operations support of mission critical customer facing digital applications. The software engineer will contribute toward the success of technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for doing API development, data architecture design, and programming along with corresponding automated tests. The candidate demonstrates ability to work independently with occasional help and minimal supervision from senior members of the team and engineering managers. The candidate takes responsibility in the software artifacts delivered for the quality assurance and ensures minimal impact to customer experience. The candidate will be adept with agile software development life cycle using scrum methodology and DevSecOps culture. Customer experience and data security are core of all development work.
- Responsible for designing, testing, developing, operating and maintaining Qualtrics application product
- Develop and test APIs to consume large data set to and from Qualtrics
- Create applications that will integrate with Qualtrics to support sample management
- Consistently writes production-ready and testable code (following BDD/TDD) taking full stack ownership including automation test scripts.
- Take feedback from code review of responsible modules and apply changes to meet standards. Conduct code reviews of others to ensure governance.
- Ability to deploy containers via Kubernetes for internally developed apps
- Understands that security is paramount and ensures best security hygiene in everyday activities including development standards, security scans such as Fortify, Blackduck etc. on proactive basis.
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards
- Embrace emerging technology opportunities and contribute to the best practices in support of bank's technology transformation.
- Evangelize the culture of innovation and adoption of cloud native open source technologies.
- Actively participates and understands Scrum while developing a point of view on an effective software delivery process that advocates the attitude of "Customer First".
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays before they require escalation.
* **Basic Qualifications*
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years plus of relevant experience **Strongly
- Strong proficiency in Java / Spring Boot framework / API development
- Strong experience with NoSQL databases
- ideally MongoDB
- Thorough understanding of React.js, Angular and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js/ Angular workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience developing applications dealing with large datasets **Other
- Ability to analyze the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain within an analysis
- Qualtrics application support experience and certifications
- Adept with agile software development life cycle and DevOps principles
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with version control systems and build tools
- Familiarity using Opensource software/tools
- Awareness of Cloud technologies
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Experience developing websites or native mobile applications that meet WCAG guidelines, standards and success criteria, preferred.
- Knowledge of Assistive Technologies and their application, a plus.
- Experience developing with RESTful APIs
- Automated Unit test scripts using Junit **Job:*
* Information Technology **Primary Location:*
* CA-CA-Concord **Shift:*
- Daytime **Average Hours Per Week:*
* 40 **Requisition ID:*
* 200012731 **Other Locations:*
* Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, Texas-TX-Irving, CA-CA-San Francisco, Oregon-OR-Portland U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.