Full-Stack Software Engineer
Our team is looking for a full stack developer who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a member of a growing Agile team supporting activity as a member of Polaris Alpha's Space Operations Division. You will work with space analysts and software engineers to determine the best way to develop a dynamic planning and tasking tool for space surveillance assets. Applicants will work on specific technical tasks as defined by the customer and program/technical management.
Our Space Operations Directorate is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in space because we understand that ensuring our nation's security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you a mission-focused software engineer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset?
Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain?
We need your help.
Because of requirements around proximity to customers and deployment environments, only applicants located in or around the Colorado Springs area will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering field with at least 4 years technical experience. Relevant experience may be accepted in place of a degree
- Java application development experience, specifically microservice architectures
- Experience developing web UI components in Angular
- Experience developing SOAP and/or RESTful web services
- Experience using web services with Java
Script and web service data formats (JSON, JSON-P, XML)
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Experience with version control software, specifically Git
- Great interpersonal and communications skills, while establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with team members
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, in both spoken and written English
- Must be a US Citizen due to DoD contract
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of XML schemas and associated tools
- Experience developing secure interfaces (e.g.
- Experience with d3, Webpack, JSPM, Angular, or Typescript
- Experience with standards-based web design using HTML5, CSS3, npm, Node, ES6(ECMAScript), Bootstrap
- Experience with thin client 3D visualization leveraging webGL, three.js or similar technologies
- Experience deploying using container technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Project experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience working with reactive programming
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching other developers
- Working knowledge of the US intelligence community and DOD systems
- Knowledge of Space operations, SS
A and C2 systems
- Current Department of Defense Top Secret clearance
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.