This role forms part of the Moneta organization that is focused on enabling and accelerating industry leading frameworks and technologies across JPMC. The technology landscape includes Spring Boot, Angular/React, Cloud Foundry, and other cloud / container related technologies. Ultimately, Moneta aims at removing friction that is preventing developers across JPMC from being effective technologists.
We are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: Java
Script and Java
- 3+ years of experience working as an Applications Developer / Software Engineer
- Experience working with Java and Spring Boot
- Experience working with an SCM such as Git
- Experience working with Maven as a build tool including a firm understanding of Maven standards and common practices
- Strong implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA or MyBatis. Must be proficient in SQL preferably across multiple databases
- Experience with ES6, Node.js, Webpack, CSS, Sass, Less, Angular and/or React
- Experience with both Private and Public clouds ranging from IaaS to PaaS solutions
- Practical experience with unit testing using tools like JUnit and Mockito
- Experience with refactoring concepts and how they apply when building and maintaining high-quality solutions
- Comfortable with the concept of pairing with other team members to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms)