Full Stack Sitecore Developer
The National Fire Protection Association's mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. Established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. To support the growing business needs and demands, we are looking for a highly skilled Full Stack Sitecore Developer that has a passion to produce, maintain and improve websites. Collaborate with teams across the organization and be part of the entire software development life cycle. As a Full Stack Developer, be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages. Translate business requirements into reality via Sitecore CMS pages and components and have an eye for visual design and usability.
A Little Bit About You:
* You hold a BS in Computer Science or related field plus at least 5 years' experience creating web applications, and at least 3 years' experience working with Sitecore.
* You have a solid understanding of the entire web development process. More specifically, Sitecore 9 CMS experience with analytics and personalization.
* You hold the keys for the benefits of React.js and its core principles; figuratively speaking. You are comfortable writing custom styles and components. (Nice to have but not necessary.)
* Along with that the know-how to build better with jQuery, Kendo and/or Bootstrap.
* Skilled at Microsoft development stack:
ASP.NET / C# / MVC / Visual Studio
* A proven track record of building modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Jenkins/Octopus.
* A solid understanding of importance of cross-browser testing and the ultimate goal of insuring a responsive design across every device.
* You avoid having issues; software issues that is.
A strong knowledge and awareness of modern testing frameworks is part of your development mindset.
* Nothing bugs you!
Your solid experience with browser and device testing and debugging tools such as BrowserStack
- proves it.
* Empowered by your familiarity with content management systems such as Sitecore.
* You Git it!
(You get it!) You are confident in your knowledge of the complexities of GIT.
* You aim for excellence in everything you Encompass!
You embrace, evaluate, experiment emerging technology in order to enhance efficiencies.
* You are motivated. You work well independently. You seek and show initiative and have a list of examples to share with us.
* Communication is key!
You provide product owners, business analysists and marketing with updates, synthesize feedback, and ensure cross-functional alignment and translate that communication into functional requirements and final code.
* A team player. Not to sound cliché but you get it. You understand that individual commitment is group effort and are not afraid to admit you have a lot to learn. With that said, you enjoy training and teaching others your knowledge.
* You are positively curious and want to understand the mission and goals of NFPA, and how you can make a significant impact as part of our team.
* Although you don't work in the accounting department, you are Accountable with a capital A!
You own it. Your role, output, follow through, mistakes, initiatives, responsibilities
- you own all of it!
The Nitty Gritty:
* Partner with business teams and product owners to identify and design technical requirements
* Build front-end components and pages for several Sitecore websites
* Work with designers to create visually accurate UI elements
* Test across browsers and platforms to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
* Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing websites
* Write technical documentation
* Collaborate with internal and external development groups to deploy and manage code
* Develop stories and tasks for Agile development
RequiredSkills: "Must haves"
* Sitecore 9 CMS, including building custom components
* Microsoft development stack:
ASP.NET/C#/ MVC/Visual Studio
* Responsive design and cross-browser testing
* Modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Jenkins/Octopus
* GitBonus Skills: "Nice to have but not necessary"
* Azure and/or Amazon cloud services
* Web API
* Google Analytics
* Azure DevOps/Jira
Full Stack Sitecore DeveloperQuincy, Massachusetts National Fire Protection (NFPA) Aug, 04
Full Stack Sitecore DeveloperQuincy, Massachusetts NFPA Aug, 01
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.