Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a key role in delivering software solutions for critical application development projects in and DevOps environment.
- Work with DevOps automation approaches involving GitHub/GitLab.
- Remain current on Web development technologies, assess new standards, technologies, and trends, and formulate and recommend strategies and tactics for future platform enhancements.
- Continuously engage with project teams to deliver quality products.
- Communication - Ensure regular, effective communication with team members and cross-functional resources.
- Help define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Help document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- 5+ years of experience with developing software in a professional setting.
- 2+ years of experience with using Node.js and/or React as a full-stack application language
- Strong Linux environment skills w/ at least 3 years’ experience
- Experience with building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with asynchronous programming in promises, generators, or callbacks
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Active Secret Clearance or higher
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in the architecture and implementation of medium-to-large distributed computing environments.
- Experience/knowledge of software and system optimization, helping to remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Experience with maintaining full-stack application with modern technologies, intuitive user-interfaces and scalable data processing architectures using open source software
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies:
- Your health comes first – we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
- Invest in your future – 401(k) Plan – Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
- Work hard, play hard – we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
- Pawsitively pawesome – Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families, too!)
- Invest in your education – Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company sponsored industry certifications
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Work Place in 2019!
- Have fun and celebrate and give back – Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data-Driven Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Cybersecurity. We are a team of skilled Consultants who listen to our clients’ needs. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions which are both mindful of the client culture and organizational dynamics. As mission needs change, new priorities emerge, technologies advance, and methodologies evolve; NetImpact stands out as a trusted advisor that can solve the challenges of today while looking for the opportunities of tomorrow. Our professionals stay abreast of these changes to provide agile, outcome-focused results for federal agency strategic and tactical needs. Approaching engagements as a partner, we provide solutions which empower our clients to achieve results that align with their mission and strategic vision.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Recruitment, training and development, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpact’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact, or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpact’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").