Software - Full Stack Engineering Internship (Spring and/or Summer 2021)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start either January/February 2021 or May/June 2021 and continue for a minimum of 12 weeks, up to a maximum of 12 months. Please consider availability before submitting an application. Our Company
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world's best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably. Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla's workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of interdisciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We're tackling the world's most difficult and important problems-and we wouldn't succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place. Internship Programs at TeslaThe Internship Programs Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team's success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you'll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's mission. Locations
* Palo Alto, CA
* Fremont, CA
About the Team
Tesla is seeking highly motivated software engineering students specializing in front-end, back-end, and/or full-stack development experience. These students will work within our Vehicle Software, Energy, and Digital Products teams. What to Expect
Interns will develop and validate software for Tesla's current and future products and programs. We care greatly about building software that stands the test of time, even as parts of the stack keeps evolving. They will contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, analytics applications and rapid prototyping. Requirements
* Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering or Computer Science.
* Back-end: Go, Ruby on Rails, Python, MySQL.
* Experience in .NET, C#, and AngularJS.
* Familiarity with using release management tools (Jira).
* Experience working with REST APIs and micro-service architecture.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts.
* Ability to write well-organized code that retains a vision of flexibility and customization.
* Experience developing web services that enhance the efficiency of the firmware development organization.
* Familiarity with database concepts.
* Eagerness to collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, sales teams and optimization to own your own solution from development to production.
* Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate.
* Ability to work independently; detail-oriented and execution focused.