Full Stack Developer / Technical Lead / Angular (19-287)
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC., a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-2020, along with recognition such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50,Inc. 5000 #143, Washington Technology Fast 50 #11, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award is actively seeking passionate leaders to join our team, support our nation s government agencies, and make a difference!
We foster a culture that values hard work and integrity. We are constantly awarding those who are self-starters, trustworthy, and have a good work ethic. If you like working with the latest in IT solutions and are looking to join an organization that is consistently voted one of the best in which to work, then check out your next career opportunity below!
We are actively seeking team members who enjoy meeting challenges with a smile. We offer a fast-paced, growing environment that takes care of the overall development of our employees. Alpha Omega has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team where you ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Title: Full Stack Developer, Technical Lead
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Position Description/Scope of Work:
The Forest Service, encompassing roughly 34,000 employees, in approximately 750 locations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The FS plays an important role in protecting and restoring America s forests and grasslands and making them more resilient to threats and disturbances. The USDA FS is a Federal agency that is multi-faceted managing and protecting public lands in national forests and grasslands (approximately 193 million acres of land that includes 154 National Forests, 20 grasslands) under a founding principle, "To provide the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people in the long run". The agency s mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation s forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations .
We are looking for excited contractors to be responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT Systems Security Plan and resources provided to assist in this effort.
- Bachelor s Degree
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC (Alpha Omega) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Alpha Omega will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Alpha Omega does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IW
Ds, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status).
- Responsible for leading multiple application teams to maintain, update, and enhance a large application portfolio
- Responsible for providing agile development guidance and process implementation
- Team will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT Systems Security Plan and resources provided under this contract will assist in that effort.
- Close coordination with application stakeholders and business process owners
- From a set of application requirements, help design a data structure to persist application data in an Oracle database.
- Assist in debugging and repairing complex code that is sometimes outdated and poorly documented. Assist in database performance tuning efforts to help reduce the computational and storage resource loads. Assist in ETL and warehousing efforts that consolidate and summarizes data to make it more accessible to end users. Follow industry best practices to design, document and develop software code based on user/business defined requirements
- Using tools like Toad or PL/SQL Developer, create and edit Oracle database objects for application support. This include the creation and modification of tables, views, complex types, program objects, triggers, scheduled jobs, etc.
- Provide adequate documentation of the objects through in-database comments and incode remarks, as well sufficient external documentation
- Must have experience / understanding with angular development and application modernization to Angular
- 10+ years of related technical experience
- Experience leading modernization teams
- Experience with application modernization / migration / redesign
- Experience with Oracle 12c databases on Solaris, Linux, Unix and Windows platforms
- USDA Experience
- Application development using HTML, CSS and Java
Script (Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, Handlebars.js, ArcGIS API for Java
Script, etc.) with REST service