Full Stack Angular/C#/.net Developer
Employment Type: Full time, Individual contractor, Telecommuting not available, Travel not required
The Population Division of the United Nations seeks a full-stack enterprise application developer with an emphasis on both front-end and back-end development, and a proven track record of delivering solid, robust responsive data-driven interactive web portals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work with our IT team and an UI/UX designer, and be responsible to develop a new web-based dissemination platform for statistical time series featuring interactive queries and data visualization using Kendo UI components. This new web-based Data Portal will use a responsive design to increase accessibility across different types of web browsers and devices, and it will support a RESTful API to enable advanced users to develop new applications and web services to query and to access these data.
Required proficiency with the following technology stack:
- Front End Technologies:
- basic understanding: Node.js, npm, CSS3, Bootstrap
- nice to have: gulp task runner, SASS
- Backend Technologies:
- advanced knowledge: rapid application development tools such as Visual Studio with Version control (TFS and/or GIT), C#, .NET Framework 4.5 and up, Web API, HTTP protocol, MS SQL Server and T-SQL, Entity Framework, ADO.NET and LINQ knowledge.
- basic understanding: REST, Design patterns
- nice to have: OWIN, familiarity with OAuth2, OpenID Connect, Database normalization
Location: New York, NY
Length: 8 months (May-Dec 2018).
Third party candidates will not be considered
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 5 years of full stack application development experience.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in information systems, business administration, management or other relevant discipline, is required.
- Proven experience developing and implementing applications, particularly web-enabled applications using C#, ASP.NET Web API, HTML5, JSON; AngularJS and Kendo UI is a must.
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices (mv*, routing, two-way databinding, directives, services/factories, controllers) and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components is required.
- Strong experience in API design and REST based services with WebAPI is required.
- Knowledge of web security standards (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, OWIN) and how to apply them, is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML5, CSS and SASS building modern responsive web applications along with experience in common UX libraries (i.e. Bootstrap, Angular Material and Telerik Kendo UI) is a plus.
- Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, event-driven application development, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, UI/UX designers, and development peers.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of assignments.
- Follow high-level of standards across all levels of design and development work.
- Ensure that code is compliant with design and coding standards.
- Fluent in English (written/spoken), based in the United States.
- Be self-motivated and driven to produce quality work
- Proactive and capable of making strategic independent decisions based on approved design end goals.
- Capable of raising issues and presenting multiple solutions to design concerns.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment using Agile/SCRUM methodology.
Contact: Please send qualified resumes to Patrick Gerland at email@example.com
Include links to completed code examples, apps, and websites (must be live, not screenshots) showing your best work.
Please note that acknowledgement of application will be extended only to short-listed candidates.