We’re Bloom & Wild, the UK’s most loved online florist. We’ve created a flower experience unlike any other by innovating at every stage of the journey. We are looking for a Frontend Developer to help grow our team and take our website to the next level.
We are looking for someone with a passion for frontend technologies including TypeScript, and experience of bringing user-centred product design into production. Taking ideas from sketches to live code, you will take responsibility for quality at every step along the way, whether it’s testability, UX or architecture.
There’s stacks of room to make your mark by applying your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise our roadmap. You’ll be joining a close-knit team and get the chance to help shape how we work, and inspire others, while using the latest tools and technologies to help us create the best possible customer experience.
- We’ve just upgraded from a legacy AngularJS 1.6 application to a well written, clean, Angular 6.1 codebase which will enable us to easily upgrade to future versions. It utilises Typescript, SASS, Jest (for Unit/Integration tests), TestCafe (E2E tests) & AWS.
- We’ve got many challenges ahead such as UI/UX improvements, improving internal processes and automation, CMS management, deeper analytics and integration of the latest SEO and testing techniques.
- Alongside developing for our three international sites, you’ll be able to work with other B&W teams - from building Slack bots to integrations into other systems and playing with the latest technologies during our regular hack-days. We also love sharing some of our ideas on our blog and at meetups/conferences.
- An eagerness to learn, be fast-moving and pragmatic, favouring working and usable MVPs, and using real customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve our tech
- Knowledge of current and emerging frontend technologies, in particular single page applications, gained as a frontend (or full stack) developer, ideally on a customer facing product
- Commercial experience using Angular (Ideally 2+ but 1.x is great too)
- A passion for building great user experiences, favouring simple and easy-to-use UIs, and a mobile-centric approach that stretches beyond responsive design to concerns such as performance and scale-ability
- Experience working with developers of all skill levels, using code reviews, pair programming and other techniques to improve the team as a whole
- Worked with RESTful APIs and ideally you have contributed to the design of new APIs (ours are written in Ruby on Rails, using JSONAPI)
We’re hard-working with a relaxed culture, supportive of flexible working, with a strong and collaborative vibe. Everyone is very sociable, with regular company-wide lunches, drinks and Bloom & Go Wild trips. We use the best bits of agile with a real focus on learning, through retros, stand-ups, code reviews and plenty of chances to pair up and solve problems.
You’ll get first-hand experience of rapid product development, incredible growth curves and everything else that comes with being part of a young, exciting business.
We believe we're in a strong position to focus on diversity, so we're particularly interested in hearing from candidates with varied and diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.