|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||May 24, 2017|
The Engineering Team
We believe making great products should be enjoyable and rewarding. Our teams are self organising – most use scrum, kanban or a hybrid approach that gives them the best chance to meet their collective goals. Each team has specialists in dev, test, (sometimes hardware too) and deployment who work together to create fantastic business outcomes for our customers.
We have hack days 6 times a year, with small yet perfectly formed prizes, but mostly we do it for fun, to learn, and to prototype cool ideas that might help our customers.
Of course we have deadlines, but we love what we do and we celebrate our success regularly.
The person we are looking for…
We are looking for engineers with a real passion for understanding customer needs and writing high quality solutions that meet them. You love writing code and getting things done.
We anticipate that you will…
- Be experienced working in agile environments
- Be a keen advocate of modern techniques including but not restricted to Behaviour Driven Development, test automation, continuous delivery, infrastructure as code
- Appreciate the need to deliver great customer outcomes whilst ensuring our platforms continue to evolve in a sustainable way.
About the role…
As a member of our Retail Client team you’ll be working on the front end applications that allow riders to plan their journeys and buy tickets.
We are looking for someone who is awesome with JS and confident working with Java. Any exposure to Cordova and Gulp JS would be an advantage.
Some tools we use
- Angular 1 & 2 / Ionic / Cordova.
- Gulp / Protractor / Jasmine / Karma.
- Java 8 / DropWizard / Spring / Jersey / Spock / JUnit.
- MySql / SQS / Kinesis.
- Git / Bamboo / Maven / Gradle / Artifactory / Puppet.
- Fully cloud hosted, Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure (AWS).