|Location||Mountain View, CA|
|Date Posted||October 18, 2016|
Do you want to help Google build next-generation web applications like Gmail, Google Search, Google Maps, and Google+? As a Front End Software Engineer at Google, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to millions of users in dozens of languages.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Google’s products.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications like Gmail, Google Search, and Google Maps.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and AJAX.
- Web application development experience.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Significant experience developing user-facing software.
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer, and Closure.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques. An understanding of the principles of accessibility and can build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.