Front End & Full Stack Engineers DEV IT at General Motors in Austin, TX
General Motors📌 Austin, TX
You will be redirected to General Motors's preferred application process.
Front End and Full Stack Engineers DEV IT
Theres never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision wont happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Job DescriptionThe General Motors DEV IT is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as
Full Stack Software Engineers
Front End Software Engineers
. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
About the Global Digital Electric Vehicle Commerce (DEV IT) team at General Motors:
This new team is leading the way with ideating, incubating, and delivering new technology for General Motors electric vehicles. Our team includes best-in-industry engineers, product owners, and designers who have an ambition to move at lightning speed, deliver world-class software, and deliver high-quality, innovative software that delights our customers
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GMs global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
Our Software Engineers are responsible for new and innovative software development and design elegant and professional code, writing maintainable unit and integration tests (including in memory, mocked tests, and actual integrations).Our engineers work in a highly collaborative environments working across many disciplines. We regularly work on cutting edge technologies understanding and inventing new designs and integration patterns along the way.
The Job Responsibilities may include the following based on the specific position you are interested in - -
- Collaborate with agile team to deliver high-quality, testable software
- Develop applications and tools by producing clean, efficient code
- Mentor and guide junior developers
- Estimate and design work that is just-in-time and sized in small increments
- Perform root cause analysis, do technology evaluations, and develop quick prototypes
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegant work and deliver on their commitments
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Perform Code Reviews
Prospective team members possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop strong peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability and focus.
Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications may differ depending on the specific position you are interested in.
- Experience with Agile teams that have delivered software on a regular cadence
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Strong teamwork focus (live by the team, die by the team) and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
Front End Software Engineer Minimum
- 4+ years software development utilizing industry standard design patterns
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS, SCSS
Full Stack Software Engineer Minimum
Qualifications- Over 4 years of software development experience in Java or Go using MVC and RESTful services
- Expertise in SQL (relational databases), key-value datastores, and document stores
- Expertise in end-to-end applications hosted on Kubernetes with a focus on scalability, high availability, and fault tolerance
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Proven experience diagnosing issues from browser to infrastructure to network to database and all the way back
- Over 4 years software development utilizing industry standard design patterns
Preferred Qualifications- Front End and Full Stack Engineering
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years utilizing platform and infrastructure as service technologies
Experience using Git source control doing rebases, merges, and handling merge conflict
Angular 7/8/9/10;React; Node ; jQuery (Front End Software Engineer specific)
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
You will be redirected to General Motors's preferred application process.
Job Expires: November 26, 2020
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.