Front End Developer position in the Space Industry
There is a great opportunity for front end developer of joining the exiting world of the Space Industry! The successful candidate will join the Ground Software Team at Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd (SSTL), in Guildford (UK). We’re looking for a software engineer with experience in modern highly graphical user interfaces for web applications using the latest technologies, preferably but not exclusively Angular 2.
The successful candidate will work on a new front end to our next-generation Mission Planning System for the next satellite constellation missions. Follow-on work will involve front end development for other ground software applications, and/or wider general software development, depending on experience.
- Responsibility for building the entire new front end for our Mission Planning System web application from scratch, primarily in Java using the Angular framework
- Mentoring others in Angular and other front end development
- Give input to the architecture and design, proposing new technology options with time and cost estimates
- GUI layout mockups/prototyping and workflow design
- Additional development on the Server side, primarily in Java
- Write new Stories for the Ground Software product backlog
- Software architecture, design and implementation
- Unit, integration and system testing, including continuous integration using Jenkins
- Bug tracking and version control
- Peer reviews (including code reviews)
- User documentation
Qualifications: A good Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computing or similar subject.
Experience: Proven track record in front end development
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in the Angular framework or similar
- Experience developing Java-based OO software running under MS Windows
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- A passion for working in space!
- Experience building web mapping applications using 2D and 3D map technologies (e.g. OpenLayers, Cesium or similar)
- Experience developing rich and dynamic reporting and charting interfaces (e.g. Node.js)
- REST, SOAP, web services
- UX (User Experience)
- Any of: Web Services (JAX-WS), Hibernate, MySQL, JAXB, Apache Tomcat
- CI using Jenkins
- Experience of the space sector
Even if you don't fulfill all the requirements but you are strongly motivated to work for the Space industry drop me an email as soon as possible.
We are preferably looking for a full-time position but we will consider also contractors.