Engineer Systems / Principal Engineer Systems - Army Fire Systems - S/W Sys Architect -
Working in Northrop Grumman Defense Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility, and reshaping the world we live in. If you're looking forchallenging work experiences with a bigger purpose and desire to learn in a collaborative environment, we invite you to look for the next step in your career at Northrop Grumman. Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a qualified Enginner Systems / Principal Engineer Systems Software System Architect supporting the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) project for the US ARMY. The position will be located in Abingdon, MD.What you'll get to do:
- Derive and maintain a cohesive program software architecture based on customer requirements, customer interactions, subject matter expert inputs, system architecture artifacts, and business objectives.
- Assess software architecture goodness based on CMU SEI software architecture principles
- including the application of quality attribute analysis and architecture tactics analysis.
- Document program software architecture using standard UML artifacts in No Magic Cameo and Magic.
- Communicate architecture concepts to software developers, program management, and customer representatives in written form, during meetings, and as part of program milestone events.
- Review software team artifacts
- including sprint plans, detailed designs, and code
- to ensure compliance with chosen architecture tactics.
- Create software architecture inputs to service oriented component design activities, including inter-component service definitions and inter-component interaction sequences.
- Work with system engineering personnel to assess requirements, and to ensure consistency between system architecture and software architecture.
- Work independently as a contributing member to multiple software sprint teams, and as a guide/mentor for a small team of software architect personnel
- Use Jira, Confluence, Git/Bitbucket collaboration and source control tools to communicate information.
- Plan and estimate software architecture related tasks.
- Support creation and updating of program milestone briefings and documents, including PDR and CDR.
- Participate in design reviews, sprint planning/estimating, release planning, demonstrations and retrospective
- Other duties as required.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. Qualifications.
Basic QualificationsThis requisition may be filled at either a Engineer Systems level 2 or a Prin Engineer Systems level 3. BQs for a Prin Engineer Systems are: 5+ Years relevant experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 +Years relevant experience with Masters DegreeBQs for a Engineer Systems are:
BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in documenting software architecture and design using UML
- Experience with Cameo and/or Magic.
Draw; Agile Software development experience
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) and specifically, OS
- Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
- Experience designing and building web services, including REST-based services
- Experience designing and building network communication software using TCP/IP
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & Power.
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required.
Preferred Qualifications- Experience in User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc
- Experience analyzing software architectures using CMU SEI approaches
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220; Experience in C+
+ and JNI
- Good understanding of concurrency (C+
+ threading models and patterns)
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155)
- Familiarity with both SINCGARS and IP waveforms (SRW, ANW/2)