Communications Protocol Software Engineer
What you'll be doing...You will be responsible for software application development for new and ongoing telecommunications and data communications products. These efforts will be aimed at customer retention and revenue expansion.
* Design, develop, and test custom software systems for telecommunications and data communications applications.
* Analyze customer requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
* Effectively work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
* Coordinate with project management, software architects, and other engineering teams in determining overall system solutions.
* Support the scoping and implementation of technical solutions: estimate, prioritize, and coordinate development activities.
* Apply both procedural and object oriented techniques and Agile methodologies.
* Author technical documentation as needed.
* Support QA team in developing test plans. What we're looking for...You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Four or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience developing software involving IP and/or other network protocols.
* Software development experience in a LINUX environment using Java or C/C++.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
* Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment. Even better if you have:
* Four years of experience in software development.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field, or relevant experience.
* Education coursework in networking technology for telecommunications and data communications.
* Experience with multi-threaded software development.
* Experience developing in Linux and virtualized environments.
* Experience with relational databases such as MariaDB and Postgres.
* Experience with Java in an enterprise environment with common frameworks like Spring, Hadoop, JSF, Hibernate, etc.
* Experience with Microservices architecture patterns and tools.
* Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD tools for automation of build, packaging, deployment, and testing.
* Familiarity with performance testing and tuning.
* Experience with Atlassian's agile development tools including Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Good soft skills working with other engineering and analytical teams to arrive at optimal solutions to technical challenges.
* Education coursework in information security. When you join Verizon...You'll have the power to go beyond
- doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G
- a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far. Equal Employment OpportunityWe're proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.