Job ID: 2013141 Location:
UPPER MARLBORO , MD , US Date Posted: 2020-08-10 Category: Software Subcategory:
SW Engineer Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Travel: No Minimum Clearance Required: None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust Potential for Remote Work: Yes
DescriptionSAIC is seeking a software engineer in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations. Job Specifications:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
- Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition plan
- Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
- Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
- Conducts test driven development in the delivery of high quality code.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
- Leveraging domain expertise develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
- Experience working in large-scale applications in AWS.
- Experience with Cloud Implementation, AWS Services, GovCloud, FedRAMP, System Integration capability,
- Good understanding of AWS services like S3, ECS, Lambda, SQ
S and Redshift.
- Experience building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Experience in developing microservices and using docker.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Experience in building web applications using technologies like React JS or Angular JS.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, and API design for extensibility and portability.
- AWS certifications is a plus.
Location: Flexwork -VA-MD-DC Clearance:
US Citizen and should be able to obtain Public Trust.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability