Artella Front-end Angular Web Developer
Artella is looking for a talented front-end web developer to help us expand our platform. We are a small, scrappy team, sharing responsibilities, and tackling everything necessary to get the job done. If you are a front-end engineer who loves providing the best user experience possible, we want to talk to you. We build web apps using AngularJS, HTML5, Sass, CSS3, Bootstrap, jQuery, SVG interfacing with a backend delivered via NGINX, Go, Python, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ.
Our main office is in Emeryville, California. Remote working available. Current team members are located in Australia, New Zealand and USA. We coordinate via daily video calls, Slack, Pivotal Tracker and GitHub.
- Experience with AngularJS or a similar framework including UI router, components, custom directives, scope inheritance, controllers, services, and testing
- Develop features blending AngularJS components, web APIs and third-party libraries
- Experience with modern layout techniques (e.g.flexbox, CSS variables, and Observer APIs) that are responsive and render efficiently
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects with complex UI components (bonus if you've used a tool such as bower or npm to manage dependencies and packaging)
- Empathy for customers and experience delivering features that are accessible to a wide variety of people and devices: Windows, iOS, Android, OSX and Linux
- Experience developing with Git
- Help define, update, and adapt best practices and development standards for the team
- Experience with video encoding and streaming playback for web and mobile devices
- Experience integrating third-party libraries, in particular SketchFab, Vimeo and YouTube
- Experience developing UI components to fit established brand guidelines
- Experience with backend development (bonus for Go/Python, Redis and RabbitMQ)
- Experience integrating web storefronts and payment systems
- Interest in the state of front-end development, industry trends and practical adoption of new features to improve our products
- Knowledge of video, animation and/or game industry workflow practices
Aside from our daily team catch ups we have no fixed work hours. This role offers significant scheduling flexibility.
Artella is the collaboration platform for making animated films, commercials, video games and virtual reality content.
The platform enables creators to start their own studio, tap into our global talent pool and bring their ideas to life directly through the platform no matter where they or their team live.
Our vision is to unleash and unite the creative potential of the world. This is the spirit that drives us.