Architect/ Lead Developer
ATTENTION: We are actively adding to our team during the COVID-19 outbreak and are taking safety precautions. All interviews will be conducted via phone and videoconferencing at this time."Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don't have the first, the other two will kill you." ― Warren BuffettNew Western Acquisitions was founded in Texas, 2008, during the peak of the housing crisis. Our founders knew that a traditional investment approach to a nontraditional housing situation would now work. The traditional system had to be challenged. It had to be disrupted. New Western sought to prove that there was a better, smarter way to invest in real estate. And we did. Our expansion has been swift and explosive. To date, New Western has paired enough investors with their ideal investment property to make us one of the largest sellers of distressed investment properties in the nation. Yet we know we are still just scratching the surface of what we can do in our industry. Growing DFW-Based Real Estate Investment Company Seeks an Architect/ Lead Developer
This role is responsible for the overall design, strategy, architecture and some development for the enterprise including all enterprise planning, process and standard definitions. This role requires the technical subject matter expertise necessary to deliver predictable enterprise-level solutions which utilize distributed processing to meet both customer and internal operational needs. Skills include experience with development, documentation, research, process and pattern implementation with current toolsets and principles. This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with all IT teams. Furthermore, this position defines and ensures a comprehensive and coherent view across Business, Information, Systems and Technology. The Architect / Lead Developer will guide the development of roadmaps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state. Responsibilities:
* Participate in the definition, development and maintenance of enterprise-level processes and principles.
* Creating documentation and training related to the applications and integrations which are managed by this role.
* Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Create a strategic plan describing the gaps between a company's current and target state
* Leverage enterprise architecture frameworks to make systematic decisions Bringing a "big picture" perspective to the adoption of new ideas for digital transformation
* Determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions by conducting business reviews, documenting current systems, and developing recommendations at the capability level.
* Evaluate current architecture and influence future strategy and product road maps with proactive feedback. Lead analysis of the current Technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Participate in detailed analysis to align requirements and equipment configurations with defined system specifications.
* Research, introduce and transition new technology into the organization. Keep abreast of Technology advances and issues across all enterprise domains. Research, test and recommend tools and practices for potential implementation. Provide technical assistance to implementation teams. Apply best practices using innovative ideas to increase awareness and effectiveness of enterprise architecture.
* Keeping abreast of developing and emerging design and implementation strategies tools along with technologies to facilitate training and mentoring on these topics to the enterprise. Qualifications:
RequiredBachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant field.
* Experience Required: 10+ years of experience of full stack development in one or more architecture domains (e.g. business architecture, solutions architecture, application architecture, data architecture) with:
* Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Platformsh
* Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud (Apex, SOQL, Visualforce)
* SQL, MySQL, BigQuery, Redshift
* Demonstrated experience in advanced architectural practices and techniques with emphasis on reliability, scalability and reuse.
* Experience with deploying and/or integrating custom solutions with Salesforce Sales Cloud and/or Marketing Cloud
* Practical experience with automated testing practices such as unit, integration point, durability and resiliency.
* Extensive experience within the SDLC and software management techniques across the enterprise.
* Experience building applications using service-oriented, micro service, and/or API based architectures at an enterprise scale.
* Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or other similar tooling.
* Experience defining the architecture of cloud deployed applications
* Experience defining and driving DevOps / SecDevOps best practices.
* Experience establishing legacy modernization and migration roadmaps for large scale applications.
* Experience with event-driven applications using queues, service bus and other related patterns.
* Experience in evaluating various re-factor, re-engineer, lift-and-shift approaches and the criteria necessary to make informed capability level decisions, formulate migration plan approaches, and to aid in the execution of migrations with development and agile teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills needed to communicate in person, by phone, and through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing environment; and comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment.
* Ability to understand and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and laws governing our industry/business and products.
* Ability to develop and maintain business relationships. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other teams.
* Ability to analyze and learn rapidly changing technologies. A plus if you have:
* Previous experience with mobile development a plus.
* Previous experience with enterprise integration experiences through the use of web services or products such as TIBCO, web
Methods or Tuxedo a plus.
* Experience with the major big data solutions like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase a plus.
* Practical experience with spatial data from a data warehouse a plus.
* Practical experience leveraging Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to enhance decision support for transactions and strategy a plus.
* Real estate industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures is a plus.