Architect, Information Technology
The Architect IT will provide architectural direction and technical/thought leadership for an integrated set of agile teams delivering leading-edge web-based customer experiences. They will play a key role among agile delivery professionals, acting as the System Architect/Engineer (as defined in SAFe). This role will drive the technical roadmap and future vision for our front-end development frameworks, Content Management/Delivery, DAM, and portal framework technologies, among others.
Collaborate with other architects to develop and drive the standards, development processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support IT and business solutions in the web & mobile space.
- Responsible for overall systems design and architecture, including new solutions and patterns
- Collaborate with business users and stakeholders through design and implementation, including needs analysis and system requirements
- Define and refine methodology and standards for setup, design and implementation of the application or technology to meet the needs of the business and IT customers
- Generate detailed system requirements with cost projections, cost benefit analysis and ROI
- Train and mentor IT team
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives
- Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level Solution Intent, and the solution intent information models and documentation requirements
- Establish critical NFRs at the solution level, participate in the definition of others
- Operate within the Economic Framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, notably the Enterprise Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler epics
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of ART and Solution Train Enablers to evolve solution intent, working directly with Agile teams to implement them
- Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities
- Work with Product and Solution Management to determine the capacity allocation for enablement work
- Support technology/engineering aspects of Program and Solution Kanbans
- Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of relevant design and architecture experience. IT experience within managed care environment highly preferred. Demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.