Apps Development Sr. Manager - Technology at Citi in Newark, NJ
Apps Development Sr. Manager - Technology
* Manage one or more Applications Development teams as Technology Manager using Agile and Waterfall methodologies - in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
* Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
* Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects including automation opportunities, reduction of manual tasks, improving technical performance, capacity scaling etc.
* Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
* Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
* Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
* Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
* Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Qualifications* 8-11 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
* Experience as detail oriented Applications Development Manager
* Hands on expertise with Java, Angular, Websphere, Oracle, Containers and DevOps pipe-line
* Experience as senior level in an Applications Development role with ability to create & review architecture / design diagrams with the team, conduct code reviews etc.
* Stakeholder and people management experience of having managed moderate size to big teams from diverse locations and diverse skill sets
* Demonstrated leadership skills with taking ownership and guiding teams as player-coach from technical and management perspectives
* Proven project management & software development management skills from financial services industry
* Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards with ability to identify and implement automation wherever necessary
* Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
Education* Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
* Master's degree preferred
* Any technical certifications and agile certification preferred This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. ----
- Job Family Group: Technology ----
- Job Family: Applications Development ----
- Time Type: Full time ----
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi . View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement . View the EEO Policy Statement . View the Pay Transparency Posting
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.