Applications Developer with Security Clearance
Title: Applications Developer
Location: Herndon, Virginia Clearance:
TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Company Overview: Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone's Intelligence Sector is responsible for the support and the development of products that provide solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation, and dissemination, and research activities. The Intelligence Sector specializes in Software Development, Cloud Architecture, Systems Engineering, and Network Engineering. Organizations and Agencies in this market include the Military Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Defense Intelligence Agency , and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Description/Responsibilities: The apps the customer develops aid analysts in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a developer to design and develop mission apps and lead small project teams. The candidate would have the opportunity to develop apps with varying degrees of scale, risk and complexity. Developer duties may include serving as the technical lead for the design, testing, and implementation of complex apps, complex web app layouts, content and user interfaces and/or database projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* The developer consults with clients to develop complex user requirements.
* Translates user requirements from formal requirements documents into an application and/or database design.
* Writes interfaces to companion applications or databases.
* Writes necessary code.
* Ensuring interoperability with other applications.
* Provides extensive technical advice and guidelines to applications developers and other members of the team.
* Generates comprehensive test plans to ensure that adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed.
* Oversees unit/functional testing and transitioning the complex application and/or database to production.
* Minimum of 6 years demonstrated on-the-job experience with full life-cycle application software development, of which a minimum of 2 years has been specialized. Specialized experience includes: hand on involvement in all aspects of the application software development life-cycle, (from reqts analysis through design, programming, testing and deployment).
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with legacy application conversion (redeployment to alternative platforms and languages) and technology assessment.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with at least 2 of the following key technology areas: Object-oriented analysis and design, relational database design and development using either Ruby on Rails, or Java programming as well as experience using D3.js, Angular, Node.js, CSS3, PHP, Java
Script, HTML5, Bootstrap, XML, My SQL, graphical user interface design and development, analytical modeling, or visualization.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Ruby.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Github.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle including maintenance of production systems. Desired Skills/Qualifications:
* Demonstrates on-the-job experience exhibiting customer service skills.
* Demonstrates on-the-job experience working in a team environment exhibiting problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the customer's Ruby on Rails platform.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the customer's or their partner's current technology.
* Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting written skills to include technical documentation regarding Sun, Solaris, and Linux.
* Demonstrated experience deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure using AWS. Job ID: 900-113