SVP, Application Development & Security – Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Douglas Elliman is seeking an SVP, Application Development & Security to lead its IT development and security function. Due to our continued growth and investments in technology, we are seeking an experienced SVP of Application Development & Security to join our existing team, to build, lead, and oversee the strategy, development, and performance of our next generation of solutions. This position will report to the CIO of DE. Responsibilities include: Application Development Responsibilities:
• Work with CIO on the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
• Manage multiple application development activities encompassing analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation, monitoring and support of new and/or existing systems or technology platforms
• Have overall budget responsibility for technology initiatives.
• Manage a technologically diverse staff of employees, consultants and/or fixed price staff
• Partner directly with Company's key business leaders in multiple regions and provides strategic system solutions to business initiatives
• Select and manage strategic vendors and outsourcing partners
• Direct and monitor technology investments, platform integration, systems architecture, and software integration
• Makes recommendations to senior management and/or regional management regarding long-range policies for information technology systems, including overall strategy, development, and implementation Security Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership on the enterprise's information security efforts
• Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
• Provide leadership and maintain compliance with the latest regulations and SOX compliance and Cybersecurity requirements and audits
• Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including evaluation and recommendation of technical controls
• Ensure compliance, security and data privacy for all apps and company platforms
• Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes
• Oversee network team and lead efforts for deploying security strategies to: o Monitor security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems o Perform IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimize threats
• Ensure business continuity for general technical operations as well as listings system and data
• Track latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cybersecurity technologies
• Oversee the investigation and reporting of reported security breaches Requirements:
• Degree in a technology-related field required.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive engineering & security management experience.
• Minimum of 8 years in hands-on software development roles.
• Proven track record of building high-performance teams and institutionalizing a strong development culture.
• Experience with multiple programming languages such as C#, Python, C++, etc.
• Experience with Web Technologies such as Java
Script, HTML, React, Angular, etc.
• Experience with test automation.
• Experience working with a team spread across multiple locations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high level of personal integrity
• Experience with Cloud computing across virtualized environments.
• Previous management with both in-house development teams as well as vendor supported applications
• Project and people management skills
• Real estate industry experience a plus