Application Development Manager
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Java/Spring, Spring Boot, Micro Services Architecture, CSS, HTML, Java Script, JSP, Angular, and IBM Portal Technology to help transform our business. We are searching for Hands-On Development Manager to join our progressive information technology team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in leading edge technologies. Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. If you are a person who enjoys the excitement of the financial services industry where information IS our business and you enjoy developing software solutions, then this position is for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage applications/platforms and development resources in order to deliver value to the business partners
- Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers and staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications
- Manage the estimation process, resource allocation and delivery of changes to applications/platforms based on gathered requirements.
- Enforce coding standards, appropriate logging, build-out of unit test cases and perform code review to ensure application/platform stability
- Hands-on dev manager experience is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years experience with end-to-end design of JEE applications
- 7+ years experience with Java/JEE, Spring/Struts, Servlet, JSP, HTML, CSS, Java
Script, Ajax, XML, Web Services SOAP/REST, Hibernate, EJB
- Experience working with relational data bases such Oracle; Proficient in SQL
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy making a difference in the business through your technical contributions
- Extensive technical experience in designing and developing complex applications, and managing the design life cycle in an Internet enterprise environment
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Think creatively, stimulate new ideas and challenge existing thinking.
- 3+ years experience with Angular
- 3+ years experience with IBM WebSphere Portal and Content Management
- Experience with JMS solutions
- Mortgage/Financial industry experience
Position requires a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Technology, Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent experience.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer