OverviewThe Application Architect will work with the Forge, LMI's technology accelerator and innovation hub, in a team of engineers, product managers, and designers responsible for creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance web-based applications and products for LMI and its federal government clients. The ideal candidate will have a diverse array of technical capabilities rooted in proven product experience with modern technology stack architecture.
A solid understanding and expertise in architecting SaaS platforms with a keen understanding of security, systems design with deep expertise in API design, microservices, containers, and a wide range of data storage technologies. This role is responsible for leading the design and production of next-generation, modern applications. Performance, reliability and technical leadership are all core competencies in this role.
ResponsibilitiesThe Application Architect will:
* lead the architectural vision for large-scale projects and system design using modern technology stacks with a core focus on maintainability and scalability;
* work with a team of back-end and front-end developers to implement highly-scalable, secure production systems;
* understand federal government environments and the technical and security requirements associated with those environments;
* collaborate with product manager and UX/UI designers to design and build platform services that meet key product and infrastructure requirements;
* produce both high-level and detailed designs for platform-level services;
* define patterns and develop reusable components and libraries;
* design and implement microservices with thoughtfully defined APIs;
* apply DevOps principles to continuously deliver high-quality software and shorten the software development lifecycle;
* take ownership of designed services and platform components through delivery; and
* clearly communicate architectural decisions, roadblocks, and timelines to key stakeholders
* Bachelor's Degree required (Master's preferred) in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related technical discipline
* Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience in designing, executing, and supporting cloud-based product environments
* Understanding of various architecture design paradigms and the ability to evaluate and select alternatives
* Broad experience with database technologies, web-based application frameworks, and scalable and reliable infrastructure
* Experience with modern web frameworks, including Angular, React, and Vue, and the ability to deploy production application using these frameworks
* Understanding of authentication and authorization principles, and the ability to leverage third-party identity management providers (e.g., Okta)
* Ability to collaborate with team members across technology domains, including security, infrastructure, and hosting
* Innovative mindset with the ability to explore and quickly evaluate technology alternatives
* Working knowledge of cloud environments
* Preferred experience working in secure environments or across environments with varying levels of requirements
* Preferred experience with security requirements in a federal IT environment, including FedRAMP-certified providers and FISMA requirements for acquiring an ATOApplicants for this position may be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible to obtain security clearances.
EEO StatementLMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.