Sr. Software Engineer :: Angular & Node
Currently seeking two Senior Software Engineers for a great opportunity with an industry leader in developing implantable visual prosthetics in Sylmar, CA. You will be working with a team of passionate and talented individuals who are committed to creating solutions that have a life-changing impact on the quality of our customer’s lives.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer
- Responsible for building back-end and front-end web applications.
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to gather and evaluate operational, interface and performance requirements of device and application software.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to brainstorm and provide constructive criticism in a positive, engaging environment.
- Adhere to high-quality coding and testing practices: coding conventions, static code analysis, unit/integration testing, code refactoring, and code reviews.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including specification, design, architecture, implementation, testing, configuration management, and deployment.
- Participates in the selection, setup and use of development tools.
- Responsible for formal documentation of development activities
Requirements of the Senior Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Angular 4+, HTML5, REST, and interprocess communication
- Knowledge of current best practices of web application development
- Experience building applications using server-side Node.js and related frameworks
- Experience connecting front-end and back-end systems through WebSocket APIs
- Experience with agile methodologies, unit testing, test-driven development, and continuous integration with systems such as Jenkins.
- Linux/Unix CLI experience
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience developing software in regulated industries such as medical devices or aerospace/defense is highly desirable
- Experience working with MySQL, SQLite, or other database management systems
- Karma and Jasmine testing experience
- Experience building cross-platform applications using Electron is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud-based systems (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) is highly desirable
Benefits for the Senior Software Engineer
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including stock options and an ability to purchase stock at a discount.
- Company matching 401k, educational reimbursement, and many other employee benefits.
- Company outings, regular town hall meetings, and awesome celebrations!