Senior Application Software Engineer
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field. Strong working knowledge of JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc. Amisys, Facets or other claims management system experience a plus. Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures.
- Experience with Angular 8.0, Node.js, GO Lang, MongoDB, GIT, Kafka, cloud, containerization, orchestration, and Scrum strongly preferred. Ability to research and learn new technologies as needed required.
- Work with team of 5-8 junior and senior level software developers in defining, writing, testing, and promoting working code for review, feedback, and acceptance by others.
- Conduct code reviews and mentor other developers on coding best practices
- Evaluate priorities and overcome challenges to deliver quality, maintainable solutions, on time, with minimal tech debt.
- Promote and evolve SDLC best practices and drive continuous improvement of software engineering methods, standards, and processes
- Must communicate regularly on progress, challenges,corrections, and learning/training opportunities for the group.