Current job openings at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Front End Developer (Angular 5+) - 89755
Organization: EA-Energy Analysis Env Impacts
Berkeley Lab’s Energy Analysis and Environmental Impacts Division (EAEI) is looking for a Front End Developer (Angular 5+) to help design and deploy the next generation of eProject Builder. Winner of a 2018 R&D 100 Award, eProject Builder is a nationwide energy project data management system that enables organizations around the world to standardize, track, analyze, report, and benchmark data for clean energy and water projects.
In this role, you will work in a small team designing, building, and testing new Angular 7 front-end components, designing the data models used by those components, and effectively communicating the data requirements to the back-end developers. You will have the opportunity to enhance existing tools and develop new ones, work on other areas of the application stack, too, including Node.js/Express/TypeScript back-end serve, PostgreSQL database design, and devops CI/CD with GitLab and Docker. Additionally, you will provide design guidance and support for prototype development of a series of other tools related to clean energy technology adoption.
Join Berkeley Lab in bringing science solutions to the world. We’re enthusiastic and proud of our work developing clean energy technology solutions. Work in a results-driven research environment as we develop new Web-based technologies supporting energy security and climate change mitigation.
What You Will Do:
• Contribute to creating user interface requirements and project functional and technical specifications.
• Implement solutions to meet specifications and project milestones on time.
• Using state of the art development practices and testing frameworks, write and test efficient code., integrate the correct code testing protocols, use state of the art software development best practices and testing frameworks.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with project management and team members to ensure that the team is well-informed and supportive in providing solutions that meet project needs.
What is Required:
• Ability to write code and documentation following best practices.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts and Observables/RxJS.
• Knowledge of various web api concepts (REST, authentication, ...).
• Strong understanding and experience using Git in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative on own tasks while also taking direction and working well within a team environment.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on March 15, 2020.
• This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), 1 year, Term appointment with the possibility of extension for up to 5 years or conversion to Career appointment based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Typically work will be performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA. This position has the option of working remotely, but limited to individuals residing in the United States.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=179155 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab (LBNL) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab - Click Here.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.