|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 1, 2017|
Why is Front-End Engineering important to Thunder?
Thunder has built the very first Creative Management Platform. We often push the limits of what can be done in a browser. We have wowed some of our biggest clients with the technology that we have created. Thousands of users interact with our platform every day and we strive to make that interaction as seamless as possible. The face of our entire operation is built by our talented and dedicated Front-End Engineers.
What does a Front-End Engineer do?
What is something you might work on?
We have some pretty big projects in the pipeline. Some of them are internal and some are external. There are a couple we are very excited about.
- Building an interface and experience for creating ads with custom, user-defined animations
- Creating a real-time, collaborative process for editing ads
What are other important traits and focuses?
- Strong focus on correctness, simplicity and maintainability
- Writing testable and tested code
- Code review
- Continuous Learning and Teaching
- Strong opinions, weakly held
- Promoting best practices and coding standards
Skills & Requirements
The only hard requirement for any position at Thunder is the ability to learn and grow – we are built for people with the intelligence to solve hard problems and the tenacity and ability to realize their solutions.
- We work in an open office environment. Engineers collaborate heavily by sharing tips and constructive criticism.
- We ship often. Deploying daily keeps us agile.
- We embrace flexible working hours.
- We host quarterly hackathons which produce amazing ideas.
- We provide free lunch which offers an opportunity to connect with others on a personal level.