|Date Posted||February 17, 2017|
*Important: This Job Requires Following Special Application Instructions*
We are looking for a senior front end Angular developer with demonstrable experience of delivering complex application screenflows & API integrations.
You will be working on a greenfield Angular 2 application that helps people with cancer manage their day to day lives. The application will be heavily integrated with the APIs of an existing data storage engine which we have branded “Newton”.
You will be working closely with the product owners and an Ionic framework mobile development team who will be building a complimentary mobile app, also on Newton. Additionally, you will be expected to take requirements and make reusable / configurable components that can be used in our component library.
Knowledge of how to properly interact with REST based APIs is a must, as is being able to interact with the native capabilities of a device using Ionic. Native application development is a plus, we have a few plugins that occasionally require some native maintenance.
You will be a contractor, in a truly global team loosely based around the EST timezone. The contract is through to the end of 2017 with great potential for 2018 work. See below for more on our team and culture.
- 2-3yrs commercial front end development experience
- Excellent experienced with AngularJS & Bootstrap
- High comfort with REST APIs, JSON, NoSQL + data modeling
- High comfort analyzing business and technical requirements
- Good comfort with automated feature and front-end testing (inc. performance)
- Bonus points if you’ve got some experience of any of following:
- Native or other hybrid mobile app development
- Design skills
- PHP and Laravel
We are a fast moving team working on fast moving projects. Please check that you like the sound of these statements:
- You are communicative, with good written and verbal English (we hail from many countries and all work remotely. Clear communication is paramount!)
- You have experience of working in remote teams and dealing with the challenges
- You have experience of working independently in an agile (scrum) environment
- You have experience of working with Product Owners and understanding their objectives
- You have an expectations-setting mindset
- You are a proactive rather than reactive
- You have a sense of humor and can use a few memes
Our team and our culture
You will work as part of the CloudApps Team, who are a passionate group of geeks, coders, designers and strategists with a startup culture working within a large multinational. We run multiple product teams and work closely with our internal clients to develop innovative solutions to the complex business problems this large healthcare organization faces.
Our aim is to build a long-term, stable and top-quality team. We do this by following the maxim “do unto others as you would have them do unto you." We pay well based on experience and market rates, we always try to extend contracts (why waste all that investment and let people walk away?) and we encourage healthy work-life balance. We find that if expectations are clear on both sides up front, then everyone is happy.
As a result of our culture and the work we get to do, the team has grown rapidly since 2013 and now hails from 11 countries and 10 time zones. We love what we do and get to work with some amazing colleagues. We offer challenging and exciting work at market leading rates. We make careers, as well as awesome digital applications.
Please email your resume/portfolio and a video response to the below questions to email@example.com with the email title as “<your name> - MCCAngular”.
The video summary should be 5 minutes max. Applications without videos will not be considered. We find the people who take the plunge and do this are the people who thrive in our team.
- Please provide a short background - who are you, where are you from, how did you journey to the current languages / frameworks / projects that you’re working on?
- Provide some examples or projects you have worked on and your current job
- What are your strengths, what do you bring to a team?
- What are your weaknesses, what would you find difficult about this job / working environment?
- Describe your remote working experience and some of the challenges you’ve faced
- Where do you live? What time zone is this in?
- What would your rate expectations be? What would your long-term rate be?
- When would you be able to start? Any notice period we need to account for?
- Please confirm your internet is a fast, quality connection and that you have a backup strategy in case it is down
Over time we have refined our process to include 3 interviews. They each expose you to people who can talk to you about the role from different angles and answer your questions: Technical, Delivery, and Management. The feedback we’ve had from people who’ve gone through this, whether we hired them or not, has been that it’s an excellent way of understanding the role, the team, and the culture.
- Technical Interview questions and code samples review (1hrs max)
- Agile working, delivery and remote working questions (1hr max)
- Contractuals, Culture, Q&A, etc (30 mins max)
We look forward to meeting you!