Full Stack Software Engineer (Angular)
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- At least 2 years of Angular 1.5 / 2.0 UI Development experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Java Cucumber with Selenium and Protractor
- At least 3 years of experience with CSS and responsive web design
- At least 2 years of Go Lang API Development experience
- At least 3 years of Java Rest API Development experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring Framework and Aspect Oriented Programming
- 2+ years of Docker Container experience
- 2+ years of AWS experience including IAM, ECS, Route53, Auto Scaling, S3 and Lambda
- 2+ years of DevOps experience working with Jenkins and Chef and Ansible
- 1+ years of experience developing applications using Spark Platform
- 2+ years of Python and Scala experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.