|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2017|
Angular / Django Tech Lead
Job Title: Web Technology Technical Lead
Location: Indianapolis, USA
We are looking for an experienced Web Technology Technical Lead to own the rewrite of a complex native front end product. Your work will be to deliver a new offline, mobile first experience using modern web technologies and to guide the technical direction of the development team that you will be part of.
This is an extremely rare and exciting opportunity to be involved in a greenfield project where you will have direct impact on the entire development cycle from end-user workflow discussions to architecting and building the UI, as well as the backend RESTful interfaces.
You’ll be part of a very passionate and international product development team with offices located in Indianapolis, IN and Switzerland.
So what do you need?
FileWave is building a new SCRUM development center in Indianapolis. Your role will be to provide technical team leadership within this SCRUM team, and to use your skills in Angular, HTML/CSS, UI design, and Django to deliver a new offline and mobile first experience using modern web technologies, as well as provide maintenance to existing products where required.
You will be reporting to the CTO (based in Switzerland) and will also work very closely with key members of management across the organization.
Skills / Experience:
- Development and team leadership experience (2+ years)
- Demonstrable experience with Angular, HTML/CSS on mobile and desktop platforms
- Demonstrable experience with Django/Python and DB’s (we use PostgreSQL)
- Source control (GitHub, etc.), SCRUM/Agile methods
- Experience managing teams with JIRA or other project tracking tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (our teams work in English)
- Help to plan, design, and write a new web based product. You will also be expected to help maintain existing programs.
- Mentor team members, sharing your knowledge and experience to help others become more effective.
- Take part in our SCRUM process.
- Perform level 3 support on rotation within the development team.
- Infrequent travel (1 or 2 times per year) to customer sites and/or the Swiss development location as required.
- Take part in company conferences, which occur in the US and/or Switzerland on an annual basis.
- Other development tasks as assigned.
What does FileWave do?
Founded in 1992, FileWave develops and markets software deployment and configuration solutions for corporations and educational institutions. Our tools aim to improve the efficiency of IT management tasks in multi-platform environments (macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, and Android). Some customers examples are IKEA, H&M, Gruner & Jahr, Jung von Matt, Burda, Airbus, Spiegel Verlag, Penguin Random House, OtterBox, Turn Inc., Box.com, as well as both K12 and higher-ed organizations worldwide.
The FileWave endpoint management product makes it possible to easily install *anything* on macOS, iOS, Windows, Chrome OS, and Android devices at scale, whether this is deploying configurations (profiles, certs, settings etc) to iOS devices or Apps and scripts to desktops. Our software also makes it possible to collect and query on a huge amount of information about the hardware & software installed in a geographically spread out company - and all this from one easy-to-use administrative console.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg - our solution also includes integrated tools to help in areas such as bare metal imaging, network scanning, reporting, software patch management, scripting, remote control, and much, much more.
To get a great overview of our product solution, checkout the following YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZqQCA5xra8&vq=hd720&feature=player_embedded&rel=0