Hayes Software Systems’ mission is to empower school administrators and impact the lives of as many students as we can. Since launching in 1990, we now support over 6 million students across 38 states. This includes serving 32 of the largest 100 school districts in the country. We transform school operations with efficient and accountable asset inventory management oversight with infrastructure, software, professional development, and consulting expertise to control the use of technology and instructional resources in the classroom.
Our success is the result of our amazing staff, culture of collaboration, and focus on customer success. Sales reps share ideas with software engineers, project managers work alongside the customer support team (sometimes literally on the treadmill in our workout room), and customers assist in the development of new products. Team members also enjoy some of the many perks of our office environment, like our free drink and snack station or a quick nap in the office hammock room.
We’re looking to grow our teams with individuals who share an energy and passion for being the best at what they do and want a company to support their career growth. Combining our established reputation with a culture often associated with startups makes Hayes an environment for talented, energetic, and ambitious people to thrive. We are just getting started.
Currently, we are seeking a full-time experienced AngularJS developer to join our team in Northwest Austin.
As an AngularJS developer you will be responsible for developing new functionality for existing and new products and working on custom coding projects. This position reports to the Vice President of R and D.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and an extreme focus on quality software development skills. This corporate culture attracts candidates who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on our industry as well as their own career.
In addition to the above, we seek candidates who possess:
- outstanding communication skills
- the ability to work well independently as well as being an active participant in a team
- high energy
- high professional standards
- a belief and commitment to lifelong learning
The Application Developer (Angular, SQL) is responsible for creation of web applications that take into consideration all aspects of application development architecture design including – performance, scalability, coding, caching, security, session state management, and error logging and testing. The important skills for this position are AngularJS and SQL. The applicant will need to be bright, imaginative, and capable technologist specifically seeking a smaller environment where their potential will be maximized through the challenging projects that the company develops.
- Take a product through the software development lifecycle of analysis, design, and coding
- Implement all aspects of an application design – high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
- Design, code, test, and production deployment and support of the various products.
- Working with API
- 3+ years development experience
- Languages: Angular, SQL/T-SQL, jQuery
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2014; proficiency at developing relational databases and CRUD operations against them
- Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications.
- Deep knowledge of Angular practices and commonly used modules based on work experience
- Agile Work Environment
- Visual Studio Online (TFS)
- Telerik R.A.D tools
- LINQ Server experience
- Created new product from beginning
- Strong SQL Skills
- Bootstrap experience
- Medical/dental insurance
- Simple IRA with employer contribution
- Profit sharing plan
- 10+ days paid time off
- 10+ paid company holidays
- Free parking
- On-site childcare/fitness/food market/ATM machine
- Snacks and drinks provided
- Regular social office events
- Casual, energetic, fun and professional work environment